Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the chicken:
For the tzatziki:
- For the chicken, combine the extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, yoghurt, oregano, cumin and some salt and black pepper in a sealable bag. Add the chicken, close the bag, pushing all the air out. Massage with your hands to coat the chicken evenly. Place in the fridge for at least four hours or up to 12, removing from the fridge 30 minutes before you start cooking.
- Meanwhile, make the tzatziki. Use a teaspoon to scrape the seeds out of the cucumber and discard. Finely chop the cucumber and place in a bowl. Add the remaining tzatziki ingredients and stir to combine. Season generously with salt and black pepper, then set aside for at least 20 minutes for the flavours to combine.
- When ready to cook, heat one tablespoon of oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the bag, discarding the marinade.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown and completely cooked throughout.
- Transfer to a plate, tent loosely with foil and allow to rest for five minutes.
- Serve the chicken in warmed flatbreads or pittas with the taztziki and some chopped tomatoes, red onion, lettuce and parsley.
Note: Large pittas can be used as an alternative to flatbreads, if you wish.
Per Serving: 660kcals, 26.5g fat (7.8g saturated), 36.6g carbs (7.9g sugars), 66.6g protein, 5.8g fibre, 0.258g sodium