For the marinade:
2 tbsp olive oil
Juice of ½ a lemon
2 tsp fajita spice
1 tsp dried oregano
1 large garlic clove, crushed
1 bay leaf
Salt and black pepper
4 chicken fillets, sliced into strips
For the dressing:
Zest of 1 lime and juice of 2
1 tsp honey
30g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
For the salad:
1 tbsp olive oil
3 peppers, different colours, deseeded and sliced
1 onion, sliced into 1cm-thick rounds
1 tsp fajita spice
1 large cos lettuce, roughly chopped
1 avocado, chopped
30g tortilla chips, crushed
- In a sealable bag, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, fajita spice, oregano, garlic, bay leaf and some salt and black pepper.
- Add the chicken and seal the bag, pushing any air out as you do so. Use your hands to work the marinade around the chicken, then place in the fridge for 3-4 hours, removing 20-30 minutes before you start cooking.
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients for the dressing. Whizz until smooth and season to taste. Set aside.
- Heat a pan over a medium-high heat. Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until completely cooked throughout, working in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the pan. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in the same pan over a medium-high heat and cook the peppers and onion with the fajita spice for 4-5 minutes until just tender but still retaining some crunch.
- In a bowl, toss the lettuce with 3-4 tablespoons of the dressing and divide amongst serving bowls. Top with the chicken, peppers, onions and the chopped avocado. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and sprinkle with the crushed tortilla chips, to serve.
Per serving 469kcals, 30g fat (4.4g saturated), 20.3g carbs (5.1g sugars), 31.7g protein, 5.9g fibre, 0.832g sodium