1 tbsp olive oil
½ an onion, chopped
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
2 chicken thighs, bones and skins removed, chopped
1 tsp medium or hot curry powder
Pinch of chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric
80ml chicken or vegetable stock, or water
2 tbsp natural yoghurt
Rice and or naan
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Season the chicken pieces, add to the pan and brown on all sides. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion to the same pan and cook over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes longer.
- Add the curry powder, chilli powder and turmeric and stir to coat the vegetables in the spices.
- Stir in the peas and stock. Return the chicken to the pan and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10-12 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through. Stir in the natural yoghurt.
- Remove from the heat and serve with rice and/or naan and some mango chutney.
Per serving 530kcals, 21.4g fat (4.7g saturated), 27g carbs (10.2g sugars), 56.1g protein, 8.1g fibre, 0.455g sodium