500g chicken mince
180g Cheddar grated
1 carrot, grated
1 egg, beaten
1 x 198g tin of sweetcorn
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt and black pepper
3 x 320g sheets of puff pastry
For the egg wash:
1 egg, beaten with 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6 and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, carrot, breadcrumbs, one egg, sweetcorn kernels, mixed herbs and salt and pepper into a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Cut a sheet of partially thawed pastry in half. Place an even amount of the chicken, cheese and corn mixture in a line down the centre of the pastry.
- Starting with one of the long sides, roll up the pastry to enclose the chicken mixture. Seal with a little of the egg wash and cut into four pieces.
- Brush the tops of the sausage rolls with the egg wash and place on one of the prepared baking trays. Repeat until you have used all of the chicken mixture and pastry.
- Place the baking trays into the oven to cook for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Per serving: 219kcals, 12.6g fat (3.4g saturated), 15.8g carbs (0.9g sugars), 10.7g protein, 0.9g fibre, 0.153g sodium