1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and black pepper
10 chicken thighs, cubed
2 onions, chopped
200g chorizo, skin removed and sliced
50g plain flour
100ml white wine
600ml chicken stock
1handful of fresh parsley, chopped
1sheet of shortcrust pastry, thawed, if frozen
1 egg, beaten
- Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium-high heat. Season the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add the onions to the pot and cook for five minutes until soft, then add the chorizo and cook for two minutes more until it has released its oils.
- Stir in the flour to coat, then add the wine and let the mixture bubble for two minutes until it has mostly evaporated.
- Return the chicken to the pan and pour in the stock. Cover with a lid and simmer for 40 minutes until tender.
- Add the cream to the pan, increase the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the liquid has thickened.
- Transfer to six individual casserole dishes (or one large 25cm dish). Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Roll out the pastry and stamp out six rounds slightly larger than the dishes. Brush the edges with some of the beaten egg, then press the pastries onto the tops. Brush the tops with more beaten egg.
- Place on a baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
Chicken fillets can be used as an alternative to Chicken thighs, if you wish.
Sherry can be used as an alternative to White wine, if you wish.
Per serving: 817kcals, 45.1g fat (9.5g saturated), 35.5g carbs, 2.5g sugars, 61.6g protein, 1.7g fibre, 0.925g sodium