1 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, sliced
150g chorizo, skin removed, sliced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
50g plain flour
100ml white wine or dry sherry
600ml chicken stock
Salt and black pepper
4 chicken fillets or skinless thighs, poached and shredded
50g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
1 x 320g sheet of puff pastry
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish over a medium-high heat. Cook the onions for 5-6 minutes until soft. Add the chorizo and cook for 2-3 minutes until it releases its oils. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the flour and keep stirring for one minute. Pour in the wine and allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes, scraping any sticky bits from the bottom of the casserole using a wooden spoon. Stir in the stock, then simmer over a medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the cream, turn the heat to medium-high and bubble for 10-15 minutes until the liquid has reduced. Season to taste with plenty of black pepper. Stir in the chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and parsley.
- Transfer the pie filling to a baking dish. Top with the puff pastry, trimming away any excess. Use the tip of a sharp knife to poke 2-3 holes in the top to allow steam to escape. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the filling is piping hot and bubbling around the edges.
Per Serving 687kcals, 41.8g fat (12.5g saturated), 36.8g carbs, 2.7g sugars, 37.3g protein, 2g fibre, 0.886g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS
Top this with mashed potato instead of pastry, if you prefer.