Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the oil in a deep-sided pan over a medium-high heat. Season the chicken thighs and cook skin-side down for five minutes until crisp. Flip them over and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the onions and pepper for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the oregano, chilli, garlic and tomato purée and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and stock and bring to a simmer.
- Nestle the chicken thighs into the sauce, along with any juices from the plate. Bring to a boil, then cover the pan, turn the heat to medium-low and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked throughout.
- Add the beans and simmer for five minutes to thicken. Season to taste.
- Serve with couscous or rice, topped with some chopped fresh coriander.
Test Kitchen Tip: If you prefer, lift the cooked chicken from the pan after Step 4 and transfer to a board. Remove the skin and bones, shredding the meat with two forks. Stir the meat back into the sauce along with the beans.
Per serving: 544kcals, 24.9g fat (8.1g saturated), 16.7g carbs (7.4g sugars), 62g protein, 4.7g fibre, 0.53g sodium