Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Prick the potatoes 2-3 times with a fork or the tip of a sharp knife. Microwave for 3-4 minutes until just cooked, turning them over halfway through.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/180 ̊C fan/gas mark 6.
- Heat the olive oil in a 25-30cm ovenproof pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the onion and red pepper with the smoked paprika and some salt and black pepper for 5-6 minutes until softened.
- When cool enough to handle, chop the potatoes into 1cm cubes. Add to the pan and turn the heat down to medium. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Beat the eggs in a jug with the thyme and some salt and pepper.
- Scatter the pieces of Gouda over the potatoes and vegetables, then pour the eggs over the top. Shake and tilt the pan to make sure the eggs are evenly distributed.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until the eggs are completely set and beginning to pull away from the sides and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, then slice into wedges.
- Serve with a green salad and some crusty bread, if desired.
Per Serving: 36kcals, 20.9g fat (8.6g saturated), 40.9g carbs (6.9g sugars), 22.9g protein, 6.6g fibre, 0.423g sodium
Popular in Eggs
One-tray brunch bake