Olive oil, for greasing
1kg potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
Salt and black pepper
200g white fish, such as hake, haddock, pollock or coley
1 tsp gluten-free Dijon mustard
200g frozen peas, thawed
120g Cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Lightly grease an ovenproof dish with olive oil.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan, add some salt and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10-12 minutes until soft, then drain and cover with a lid to let the potatoes steam dry.
- Meanwhile, place the fish pieces into the prepared dish, skin-side down. Season lightly with salt and black pepper. Pour the milk over the fish so it is about half-covered. Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the oven. Drain off the milk into a jug and reserve.
- Increase the oven temperature to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7.
- Use two forks to flake the fish apart. Remove the skins and discard. Distribute the fish evenly around the dish.
- Add the butter to the potatoes along with some salt and black pepper. Add three-quarters of the reserved milk. Mix the remaining milk with the cream and mustard and pour the mixture over the fish.
- Mash the potatoes until smooth and creamy, adding a little more milk if necessary. Gently mix the peas into the mash.
- Spread the mash in an even layer on top of the fish. Scatter the cheese over the top.
- Return to the oven and cook for 20 minutes, turning halfway through. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for five minutes, then serve with green vegetables.
Per serving: 538kcals, 23.3g fat (12.8g saturated), 49.7g carbs, 7.7g sugars, 34.3g protein, 0g fibre, 0.485g sodium