Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Melt 10g of the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the jalapeños for two minutes until soft.
- Add the jalapeños to a small bowl with the Cheddar. Add one tablespoon of the flour and toss to coat.
- Combine the rest of the flour with the baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the butter and rub it in with your fingers until crumbly.
- Whisk the cream and two of the eggs in a bowl, then stir it into the flour mixture until it comes together as a dough.
- Fold in the Cheddar and jalapeños.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead gently for 30 seconds. Roll and shape the dough until it is about 2cm thick, then cut out circles using a biscuit cutter. Place on a baking tray.
- Beat the remaining egg with a teaspoon of water and brush over the tops of the scones. Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
Per Serving: 278kcals, 15.7g fat (9.2g saturated), 25.8g carbs (0.7g sugars), 8.6g protein, 1g fibre, 0.43g sodium
Popular in Scones