400g Cheddar, grated
2 large eggs
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp smoked paprika
Salt and black pepper
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Lightly grease a large ovenproof dish with butter or oil.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the macaroni for two minutes less than stated in the package instructions.
- Drain and layer one-third of the pasta on the bottom of the dish. Top with one-third of the cheese, then repeat the layers. Top with the last of the pasta, reserving the last third of the cheese.
- In a jug, beat together the eggs, milk, mustard, paprika and some salt and black pepper. Pour the mixture over the pasta. Top with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden and the sauce is bubbling around the sides. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and return to the oven for five minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Scatter with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
740kcals, 37.7g fat (22g saturated), 58.8g carbs (6.4g sugars), 41.4g protein, 2.8g fibre, 2.511g sodium