1 large cauliflower
Olive oil, for brushing
Salt and black pepper
1 tsp dried thyme
120g Taleggio cheese, sliced
4 slices of Parma ham
4 tbsp crème fraîche
60g Emmenthal, grated
Baguette or garlic bread
- Preheat the oven to 220 ̊C/200 ̊C fan/gas mark 7.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and cut out the base (without cutting away so much that the head collapses). Cut the cauliflower in half, then cut each half into two 2cm-thick slices.
- Place the cauliflower slices on a baking tray. Brush with the oil, season with salt and black pepper and sprinkle over the thyme. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the foil and turn the oven to 200 ̊C/180 ̊C fan/gas mark 6. Return the tray to the oven and cook for 7-8 minutes. Turn the cauliflower over and top each slice with taleggio, a slice of Parma ham and a spoonful of crème fraîche. Sprinkle with the Emmenthal, then return to the oven.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes longer or until the cauliflower is golden and the cheese has melted completely. Serve immediately with mixed leaves and some buttered baguette or garlic bread, if desired.
Per serving: 309kcals, 22.8g fat (9.7g saturated), 11.3g carbs (5g sugars), 17.7g protein, 5.3g fibre, 0.47g sodium