Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Cook the cauliflower in a steamer or a pan of boiling water for four minutes. Remove half of the cauliflower and set aside. Give the remaining cauliflower another 2-3 minutes until soft, then drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium-high heat. Stir in the flour and cook for two minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually add the stock and milk, whisking all the time to get a smooth sauce. Add the mustard, if using.
- Add the cheese and the second, softer batch of cauliflower. Use a stick blender to whizz the sauce until completely smooth. Season with lots of pepper and a little salt, if needed.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C/gas mark 5.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil over a high heat and cook the macaroni according to package instructions.
- Drain the macaroni, then stir in the remaining cauliflower and pour over the cauliflower cheese sauce. Transfer to an ovenproof dish and sprinkle over some extra cheese, if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and bubbling. Serve with a green salad or peas.
Per serving: 467kcals, 19.2g fat (11.8g saturated), 56.9g carbs (6g sugars), 18.1g protein, 3.8g fibre, 0.495g sodium
Popular in Dinner