1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
Salt and black pepper
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 x 2cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp garam masala
500ml chicken stock
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 x 400g tin of coconut milk
600g leftover cooked chicken, shredded
1 head of cauliflower, chopped into bite-sized florets
50g kale, thick stalks discarded, roughly chopped
150g frozen peas, thawed in boiling water for 2-3 minutes
Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
Rice and/or naan
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5-6 minutes until softened. Season with salt and black pepper. Add the garlic, ginger, curry powder and garam masala and cook for one minute longer, stirring.
- Stir in the stock, tinned tomatoes and coconut milk. Using a stick blender, whizz until completely smooth.
- Stir in the chicken and cauliflower. Bring to a simmer, then turn the heat to medium-low and cook for 6-8 minutes until the chicken is completely heated through.
- Stir in the kale and peas and cook for 2-3 minutes longer until the kale has softened. Taste and season as needed.
- Serve with rice and/or naan, topped with plenty of chopped fresh coriander.
Per serving 407kcals, 22.1g fat (15.1g saturated), 19.9g carbs (8.7g sugars), 34.8g protein, 6.6g fibre, 0.221g sodium