Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the sponge:
For the icing:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C/gas mark 4 and line an 18cm square tin with greaseproof baking paper.
- Using the coarse side of the grater, grate the carrots and transfer to a large bowl.
- Sift the our, baking powder and cinnamon into the bowl on top of the carrot. Add the sugar, orange zest, walnuts and sultanas and mix everything together.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl. Add the oil and milk and mix everything together.
- Spoon the cake mix into the prepared tin and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and icing sugar. Add the cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- Once the carrot cake has cooled, spread the cream cheese icing over top. Cut into 16
Per Serving: 367kcals, 18.1g fat (7.4g saturated), 47.6g carbs (15.2g sugars), 6g protein, 3.5g bre, 0.131g sodium
Popular in Cakes
Passionfruit meringue gateaux