Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the caramel:
For the icing:
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3. Line two standard 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a mixer, combine the butter and sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one by one and mix to combine.
- Add the mashed banana and blend well. Add the flour and mix to combine.
- Spoon into the prepared paper cases and bake for 17 minutes. Once they are firm but springy to the touch, remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Combine all the caramel ingredients in a pan over a medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Cool thoroughly.
- Beat the butter with the icing sugar until light and fluffy, then mix in the caramel.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes, then either pipe or spoon the icing on to the cooled sponges. Decorate with a swirl of extra caramel.
Per serving 265kcals, 14.8g fat (9g saturated), 32.5g carbohydrate, 23.7g sugars, 2.4g protein, 0.4g fibre, 0.076g sodium
Want to win one of six €100 vouchers? Simply recreate this recipe, post your picture or video of it on social media, tag us and use the #FyffesBananaDay – For more details about the competition and how to enter simply click on this link!