120g uncooked quinoa
1 tsp olive oil
4 garlic cloves, crushed
½ red onion, finely chopped
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
2 tomatoes, sliced into ½cm slices
1 x 250g ball of fresh Mozzarella, sliced into ½cm rounds
4 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6 and lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion for 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the onion mixture to the quinoa along with the chilli flakes and basil. Transfer this mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Layer the slices of tomato and Mozzarella over the top of the quinoa.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbling.
- In a small saucepan, heat the balsamic vinegar until it simmers. Reduce for 4-5 minutes, until the liquid is syrupy.
- Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the bake and serve with a green salad and some garlic bread.
Per serving: 325kcals, 14.3g fat (7.1g saturated), 26.5g carbs, 2.3g sugars, 23.1g protein, 3.3g fibre, 0.425g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS:
Instead of making the balsamic reduction, you can buy balsamic syrup in most supermarkets.