- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 60g breadcrumbs
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 whole eggs and 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 70g Parmesan, grated
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 320g pappardelle
- 4 Little Gem lettuces, quartered lengthways
- Heat half of the oil in a large heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs with one crushed garlic clove and cook for 1-2 minutes until golden, stirring constantly. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Beat the egg and egg yolks together in a jug with the Parmesan, Worcestershire sauce, half of the anchovies and a generous amount of black pepper. Set aside.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil over a high heat and cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, add the rest of the olive oil to the pan and place over a medium-high heat. Cook the lettuce for 2-3 minutes until charred on all sides. Remove to a plate using tongs.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the remaining garlic and anchovies to the pan. Cook for two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking water. Add the pasta to the pan with a splash of cooking water. Toss to coat the pasta in the oil, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the egg mixture and toss for one minute while the hot pasta cooks the eggs to form a smooth sauce. Divide amongst four warm bowls and top with the charred lettuce and the crunchy breadcrumbs. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: 549kcals, 18.3g fat (5.9g saturated), 70.7g carbs (4.2g sugars), 24.8g protein, 5g fibre, 0.636g sodium.