4 anchovy fillets
5 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp capers, drained
Salt and black pepper
60ml extra-virgin olive oil
Pinch of dried chilli flakes
350g cabbage, shredded
320g linguine or spaghetti
80g Parmesan, grated
Juice of 1 lemon
- Melt the butter in a small pan over a medium heat. Add the anchovies and cook for 2-3 minutes until they melt into the butter. Stir in one crushed garlic clove along with the capers and cook for one minute, then add the breadcrumbs. Turn the heat to low and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Season with black pepper and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium- high heat. Add the remaining garlic and chilli flakes and cook for one minute. Stir in the cabbage, turn the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes until soft.
- Increase the heat and cook for 15-20 minutes until caramelised, stirring occasionally and adding a small splash of water if needed.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over a high heat and cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and add to the cabbage along with two-thirds of the breadcrumbs. Toss to heat through.
- Add the Parmesan, quickly toss to combine, then remove from the heat. Squeeze over a little lemon juice and season to taste, then divide amongst bowls, top with the remaining breadcrumbs and serve immediately.
Per serving: 653kcals, 28.7g fat (9.4g saturated), 77.9g carbs (5.2g sugars), 25.7g protein, 5.9g fibre, 1.17g sodium
Top tip: If you’re not a fan of anchovies. don’t worry; they melt into the background of the dish, providing rich umami flavours without adding a fishy taste.