1 butternut squash, peeled, halved, deseeded and chopped into chunks
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and black pepper
Pinch of dried chilli flakes
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp red curry paste
Juice of 1 lime
2 x 400g tins of coconut milk
300ml vegetable stock
200g rice noodles
Large handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced (optional)
Lime wedges, for squeezing
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Place the squash pieces on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and black pepper and roast for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok or large pan over a medium-high heat and add the coconut oil. Add the curry paste and stir for one minute, then add the coconut milk and stock.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes. Add lime juice and/or a pinch of brown sugar to taste.
- Add the rice noodles and simmer for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- To serve, divide the roasted squash amongst four bowls. Pour over the laksa and top with fresh coriander and sliced chillies, if desired. Serve with extra lime wedges, for squeezing.
Per serving: 559kcals, 47.5g fat (40.4g saturated), 29.1g carbs (4.6g sugars), 5.4g protein, 1.6g fibre, 0.669g sodium.