1 small butternut squash, diced
1 tbsp olive oil
400g cooked brown rice
1 garlic clove, crushed
Zest of 1 lemon
Small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbsp sumac
Salt and black pepper
100g panko breadcrumbs
1 egg, beaten with a splash of milk
50g plain flour
For the dip:
1 small garlic clove, crushed
Juice of ½ a lemon
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/180 ̊C fan/gas mark 6. Place the butternut squash on a tray, drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes or until very soft. Place in a large bowl and add the cooked rice, garlic, lemon zest, parsley and sumac. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Take roughly two tablespoons of the mixture at a time, mould into mini patties and set aside. Continue until all of the mixture has been used up.
- Place the flour in one shallow bowl, beat the egg and milk in a second bowl and place the panko breadcrumbs in a third. One at a time, dredge the patties in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs, turning to coat thoroughly.
- In a bowl, stir together all of the ingredients for the yoghurt dip. Set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan over a medium-high heat and cook the patties for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle with some extra sumac and serve with the yoghurt dip.
Per serving 657kcals, 15.1g fat (5.1g saturated), 112.8g carbs (7.3g sugars), 18.2g protein, 5.9g fibre, 0.279g sodium