For the buns:
100g caster sugar
100g butter, softened
2 large eggs
100g self-raising flour
½ tsp baking powder
1 tbsp milk
For the buttercream:
50g butter, softened
75g icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
2tbsp strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Line a muffin tray with 10 paper muffin cases.
- Place the sugar, butter, eggs, flour, baking powder and milk in a large bowl.
- Use an electric whisk to beat the mixture until creamy.
- Divide the mixture between the cases and bake for 15-20 minutes until they are risen and golden.
- To make the buttercream, place the butter in a bowl and sift over the icing sugar. Beat until smooth.
- Ask an adult to help you carefully slice the tops off of each cake.
- Use a teaspoon to fill the buns with a little buttercream and jam.
- Cut each sliced top in half.
- Arrange the slices top of the filling so it looks like a butterfly. Dust with more icing sugar to decorate.
Per serving: 241kcals, 13.3g fat (8.1g saturated), 29.1g carbs, 17.5g sugars, 2.5g protein, 0g fibre, 0.102g sodium