Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the curry
- Add the oil to a large pan, heat to medium then add the onions and fry for about eight minutes until soft.
- Add all the spices, garlic and ginger and stir to combine. Cook for one minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and allow to break down for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato, coconut cream and water.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sweet potato is soft.
- Finally, add in the chickpeas, season well and cook for a further two minutes.
- Cut off the top of your buns, hollow out the centres, then spoon in the curry.
- Top with some fresh coriander (cilantro) and tuck in!
Niki’s Tip: You can serve this in the more traditional way if preferred: a whole hollowed-out loaf. Both are fantastic!
Recipe taken from Around the World Vegan Cookbook reproduced with permission from Welbeck Children’s Books. Text copyright. © 2023 by Nicola Webster.