Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the sauce:
For the goujons:
For the sauce:
- Place all of the ingredients for the dip in a food processor and whizz until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Put the breadcrumbs, flour, paprika and salt in a large shallow bowl and mix to combine. Put the buttermilk in a second bowl.
- Dip each chicken tender into the buttermilk, then dredge in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing it on to coat. Place the coated chicken goujons on the prepared baking tray. Spray with a little cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Place all of the ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan and cook over a low heat, stirring, until the butter melts. Simmer for five minutes, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and dip each goujon into the sauce, holding them gently so that the coating doesn’t slide off.
- Place back on the baking tray and return to the oven for a further 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve the chicken in wraps with some chopped lettuce and the blue cheese sauce.
Note: Little Gem lettuce can be used as an alternative to Cos, if you wish.
Per serving: 560kcals, 23.9g fat (10.9g saturated), 40.2g carbs (15.8g sugars), 44.8g protein, 1.6g fibre, 0.784g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS
Serve with chips, using the sauce as a dip, if preferred. If you don’t like blue cheese, try using Feta instead.
Check out our guide for tips on how to bread things without the mess.