Makes about 35
For the blue cheese dip:
140g blue cheese, crumbled
120g sour cream
4 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp buttermilk
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt and black pepper
For the meatballs:
500g chicken mince
1 tsp dried onion granules 1⁄2 tsp celery salt
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried dill
1 large egg, beaten
1 garlic clove, crushed
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the blue cheese dip. Taste and season with salt, if needed, and plenty of black pepper. Place in the fridge for at least four hours for the flavours to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken mince, breadcrumbs, onion granules, celery salt, dried herbs, egg, garlic, spring onions, one tablespoon of the Buffalo sauce and some salt and pepper.
- Scoop the mixture into small portions of around one tablespoon each and roll into small meatballs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan or casserole dish over a medium-high heat. Working in batches to avoid crowding the pan, brown the meatballs on all sides, then transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Once all of the meatballs have been browned, return them all to the pan and pour in the remaining Buffalo sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes or until completely cooked throughout.
- Transfer the meatballs to a serving dish and add a cocktail stick to each one. Serve immediately with the blue cheese dip and some celery stalks as garnish.
Per Serving 76kcals, 4.4g fat (1.7g saturated), 3g carbs (0.4g sugars), 5.8g protein, 0.2g fibre, 0.134g sodium