Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the sponge:
For the icing:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4. Grease and line two 450g (1lb) loaf tins with non-stick baking paper.
- Measure all the brownie loaf ingredients, except the white chocolate chips, into a large bowl. Whisk together using an electric hand whisk until light and fluffy. Stir in 125g (4½oz) of the chocolate chips.
- Spoon into the prepared tins and level the surfaces. Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour, or until well risen and the top of the loaves spring back when lightly pressed. Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out on to a wire rack and peel off the baking paper.
- To make the icing, melt the dark chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Leave to cool slightly. Fold in the remaining white chocolate chips before spreading over the tops of the loaves to make a ripple effect.
- Cut each loaf into slices to serve.
Extracted from Mary Berry’s Baking Bible. This recipe was provided Penguin, Photography by Ant Duncan.
Popular in Cakes
Passionfruit meringue gateaux