Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Melt the butter and dark chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water; make sure the bottom of the glass bowl does not touch the water. Stir until smooth, then remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs, cocoa powder and sugar in a mixing bowl for a few minutes until thickened. Beat in the melted chocolate.
- Beat in the vanilla, salt and baking powder.
- Stir in the flour until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter onto baking trays and bake for 10-12 minutes until set around the edges. Leave to cool for a few minutes on the trays, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
311kcals, 15.6g fat (9.6g saturated) 39.4g carbohydrates, 28.9g sugar, 4.5g protein, 1.4g fibre, 0.194g sodium
Kids bakingBiscuits & cookiesPicnicBrowniesSweet thingsChocolateMother’s DaySpecial OccasionsKidsAfternoon teaBakingVegetarian
Popular in Kids baking