Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan/ gas mark 4.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Whisk continuously until the butter browns. This typically takes five minutes. Once the butter turns hazelnut-brown and you notice a nutty scent, it's ready.
- Add the honey, thyme, salt and pepper and stir until blended.
- Place the carrots on a roasting tin lined with greaseproof paper.
- Drizzle the butter mix over the carrots and toss to fully coat.
- Roast the carrots in the oven for 15 minutes. Toss the carrots, and return them to the oven for another 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Sprinkle over the remaining thyme leaves and serve warm.
Test Kitchen Tip: Use stainless steel or a light-coloured saucepan when making the brown butter.This will allow you to monitor the colour of the butter easily.
Per serving: 196kcals, 31.6g fat (7.3g saturated), 23.9g carbs (17.4g sugars), 1.2g protein, 3.3g fibre, 0.216g sodium