Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- In a bowl, combine the broccoli, carrots, spring onions and garlic and stir well.
- Add the flour, breadcrumbs, cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Stir to combine well.
- Stir in the lemon juice and water. Test the consistency of the mixture by pressing some together in your hands — it should hold together. If it’s too crumbly, add a splash of water. If it's too wet, add a little extra flour.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal oprtions and shape into small patties around 4-5cm in diameter.
- Pour vegetable oil into a large pan to a depth of ¼cm and heat over a medium heat until shimmering.
- Working in batches to avoid crowding the pan, cook the fritters for 3-4 minutes per side until deep golden-brown and crisp, adding a little extra oil after each batch if needed. Transfer the cooked fritters to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Scatter with a little flaky sea salt and serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
Per fritter (per serving): 103kcals, 5.1g fat (0.4g saturated), 11.8g carbs (1.4g sugars), 2.3g protein, 1.6g fibre, 0.243g sodium
DinnerVeganFreezer-friendlyDinnerMeat-freeCholesterol-friendly recipes30-minute mealsLow-fatKidsBudget mealsMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Vegan
Carrot cake cream puffs