4 large chicken fillets
150g broccoli florets
150g Cheddar, grated
40g cream cheese, at room temperature
1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
Salt and black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Place the broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl and add two tablespoons of water. Cover with a large plate, then microwave for two minutes. Remove the broccoli from the microwave, transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper and pat dry thoroughly.
- Chop the broccoli into small, pea-sized pieces, then return to the bowl and add the Cheddar, cream cheese, chives and some salt and pepper. Stir to combine well.
- Place the chicken fillets on a chopping board and use a small, sharp knife to cut a deep pocket lengthwise into each chicken fillet, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Divide the broccoli mixture amongst the chicken pockets, pressing it firmly into each pocket with the back of a spoon. Fasten each pocket closed with 1-2 cocktail sticks.
- Season the outsides of the chicken fillets on both sides with salt, pepper and any other preferred spices.
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof pan over a medium heat and sear the chicken fillets for 2-3 minutes per side until lightly golden.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked throughout.
Per Serving: 413kcals, 26.4g fat (11.1g saturated), 3.3g carbs (0.9g sugars), 39.8g protein, 1g fibre, 0.382g sodium