For the hollandaise sauce:
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp white wine vinegar
3 egg yolks
125g unsalted butter, cubed
Salt and black pepper
For the poached eggs:
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 brioche buns, halved
Butter, for spreading
8 slices smoked salmon
Chives, snipped, to serve
- For the Hollandaise sauce, combine the lemon juice and vinegar in a small bowl. Add the egg yolks and whisk until light and frothy.
- Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the surface of the water, and whisk until the mixture thickens.
- Gradually add the cubes of butter, whisking constantly until thick. If the sauce looks like it might be splitting, then whisk off the heat for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- To poach the eggs, bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the vinegar. Lower the heat so that the water is simmering gently. Stir the water into a gentle whirlpool, then slide in the eggs one by one. Cook each egg for about 4 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Lightly toast and butter the brioche buns, then layer two slices of salmon onto each half. Top each with an egg, spoon over some Hollandaise and garnish with chopped chives.
Per serving: 908kcals, 69.5g fat (37.7g saturated), 36g carbs (8.1g sugars), 31g protein, 1g fibre, 1.705g sodium