Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Using a bread knife, slice the brioche rolls into cubes and place in an even layer in a shallow dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream and vanilla. Pour the egg mixture over the brioche. Allow to soak for 1-2 minutes, then toss the brioche cubes and allow to soak again to ensure all sides have been well coated.
- In a bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Heat a pan over a medium heat, add the butter and heat until foaming.
- Working in batches to avoid crowding the pan, carefully lift cubes of the soaked brioche out of the dish and add to the pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden and crisp.
- Transfer to the bowl with cinnamon sugar and toss to coat. Transfer to a plate and repeat until all the brioche has been cooked.
- Serve warm with caramel sauce, if desired.
Per serving: 360kcals, 14.3g fat (5g saturated), 51.2g carbs (21.8g sugars), 7.7g protein, 3.3g fibre, 0.083g sodium
Popular in French Toast
Toasted brioche berry tartines