2½ tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
1 tsp dried oregano
60g plain flour
Pinch of dried chilli flakes
4 chicken fillets
120ml tomato sauce
100g mozzarella, grated
2 medium courgettes, chopped
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
4 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Lightly grease a large baking tray with oil.
- Place the chicken fillets between two sheets of cling film, rolling the edges together, and pound to an even thickness using a rolling pin.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and oregano. Place the flour in a second bowl and beat the eggs together in a third.
- Dip the chicken in the flour, turning to coat, then dip in the eggs and finally in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing the crumbs on to coat.
- Heat two tablespoons of the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Working in batches to avoid crowding the pan, cook the chicken for one minute per side until golden. Place chicken cutlets on the prepared baking tray.
- Top each chicken fillet with two tablespoons of tomato sauce and add 30g of the grated mozzarella to each one. Place in the oven for 5-6 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling and the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Wipe out the pan with a ball of kitchen paper, add the remaining half tablespoon of oil and heat over a medium-high heat. Cook the courgette and corn for 3-4 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- To serve, top the chicken with the sautéed vegetables and scatter with chopped fresh basil.
Per serving 574kcals, 21.2g (5.5g saturated), 42.7g carbs (7.2g sugars), 52.1g protein, 4.5g fibre, 0.64g sodium