For the chicken:
2 chicken fillets
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt and black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
For the basil cream sauce:
1 tsp olive oil
1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
60ml chicken stock
50g Parmesan, grated
2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- Place the chicken fillets between two sheets of cling film. Pound the fillets flat with a meat mallet or rolling pin until they are of an even thickness.
- Pour the milk into one shallow bowl. In a second, combine the breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning with some salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken fillets in the milk and then in the crumbs, pressing them on to coat.
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes per side or until completely cooked throughout.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm.
- For the sauce, add the olive oil to the same pan and cook the pepper and shallots for 4-5 minutes until just softened. Add the chicken stock and allow to bubble, using a wooden spoon to scrape any sticky bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the cream, Parmesan and basil. Bring to a simmer and season to taste.
- Slice the chicken into strips. Place some mashed potato on each plate and add the chicken. Spoon over the basil cream sauce and garnish with extra fresh basil to serve.
Per serving: 690kcals, 36.3g fat (15.9g saturated), 37.9g carbs (7.1g sugars), 52.8g protein, 2.6g fibre, 0.877g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS
Include extra veggies by serving broccoli or peas on the side