Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the mint pesto:
Looking for more light chicken dinners? Try these enchiladas with salsa verde.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy ovenproof casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender and translucent. Add the beans, season with salt and pepper and stir to coat. Turn off the heat.
- Take a sharp vegetable peeler and peel one of the lemons in wide strips, taking care not to include the pith. Add the shaved lemon peel and the juice of the lemon to the beans and stir.
- Pat the chicken dry, and lightly season. Lay it on top of the beans in the casserole dish. Add enough chicken stock to cover the beans, so it comes up to just below the chicken. Lay the thyme sprigs on top. Turn the heat to high and bring the water to a simmer.
- Cover the pot and put it in the oven for 1½ hours.
- Meanwhile, blend all the pesto ingredients in a food processor.
- Remove the thyme stalks from the casserole. Remove the chicken, shred or chop it into bite-sized pieces and return to the dish. Stir in the zest and juice of the second lemon.
- To serve, place a spoonful of beans on each plate and top with chicken and a dollop of pesto. Serve with a green salad and crusty bread.
Per serving: 518kcals, 21.7g fat (4.1g saturated), 36.4g carbs, 2.4g sugar, 46.3g protein, 15.1g fibre, 0.296g sodium
ChickenItalianDinnerDinnerLow-fatHigh-proteinOne-potKidsFamily mealsCuisinesSlow cookerBudget mealsComfort foodMake it Healthy
Popular in Chicken
Laksa with chilli garlic chicken