Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with cold water. Add one teaspoon of salt and place the pot over a high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Drain well and return the potatoes to the pot over the heat. Allow the potatoes to steam dry for 30-40 seconds. Turn off the heat.
- Roughly mash the potatoes with a potato masher. Place the milk in a jug and add the bone marrow. Microwave for 30-45 seconds until melted, then add to the potatoes. Continue to mash until smooth and fluffy.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste and stir in until evenly distributed.
- Serve the marrow mash as a side for steaks.
Per serving: 323kcals, 13.4g fat (6.3g saturated), 44.9g carbs, 4.3g sugars, 6.6g protein, 6.7g fibre, 0.176g sodium
Popular in Irish
Lemon sole with dillisk butter