- 120g gluten-free flour
- 60g quinoa flour
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp lemon zest
- 120ml soy milk (or another non-dairy milk alternative)
- 120ml vegetable oil
- 100g blueberries
For the egg replacement:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C fan/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Mix together the ingredients for the egg replacement and set aside.
- Whisk together the first seven ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the lemon zest, milk, oil and egg replacement. Stir this into the dry ingredients until combined.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide among the muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool slightly in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per serving: 205kcals, 11g fat (2.1g saturated), 26.1g carbs, 14.1g sugars, 1.6g protein, 1.8g fibre, 0.229g sodium