Plain flour, for dusting
1 x 320g sheet of puff pastry
2 pears, cored, halved and sliced
25g butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
Handful of walnuts
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp port
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
50g blue cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to ½cm thick. Cut the pastry into a rough circle measuring around 10cm in diameter. Use the tip of a sharp knife to mark out a border about 1cm in from the edge of the pastry, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Slice the pears and fan them out over the pastry base.
- Brush the pears with the melted butter. Brush the border of the pastry with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden and the pears are soft and slightly caramelised.
- Lightly toast the walnuts on a dry pan over a medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes until you notice a colour change. Drizzle in the honey, port and balsamic vinegar and toss the nuts in the mixture until well coated and glistening. Spoon out onto a sheet of baking paper to cool, separating the nuts where possible.
- Once the tart is cooked, crumble over the blue cheese and return to the oven for one minute to melt slightly. Top with the nuts and serve with a green salad.
Per Serving 836kcals, 53.2g fat (19.6g saturated), 77.9g carbs, 30g sugars, 16g protein, 8g fibre, 0.654g sodium