Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/180 ̊C fan/gas mark 6. Pierce the potatoes 2-3 times per side with the tip of a sharp knife, then place directly on the centre rack and bake for around one hour and 15 minutes until tender when pierced. Place the potatoes on a cutting board for 10-15 minutes until cool enough to handle.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat and cook the leek for 6-8 minutes until softened. Add the rosemary and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut a 1cm-inch-thick slice from the top of each potato. Scrape the flesh from these slices into a large bowl.
- Carefully scoop out the flesh of the potatoes into the bowl using a spoon, leaving about 1⁄2cm of flesh lining the skins. Roughly mash using a potato masher or the back of a fork.
- Add the buttered leeks, crumbled black pudding, crème fraîche and parsley and stir to combine well. Add extra seasoning to taste, if necessary; you shouldn’t need much salt.
- Using your fingers, rub the outsides of the potato shells with the rapeseed oil. Spoon the filling back into the shells, mounding it generously over the top. Place on a rimmed baking tray.
- Bake the potatoes for 25-30 minutes until hot throughout. Scatter over some extra fresh parsley and serve.
Per Serving: 538kcals, 24.8g fat (12.2g saturated), 68.5g carbs (5.7g sugars), 11.2g protein, 11.4g fibre, 0.159g sodium
Popular in Irish
Irish coffee affogato by EUROSPAR