For the chocolate base:
190g plain flour
120g caster sugar
40g cocoa powder
40ml sunflower oil
1½ tsp white vinegar
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
For the cheesecake filling:
150g cream cheese, at room temperature
60g caster sugar
100g dark chocolate chips
For the cream cheese icing:
300g icing sugar
50g butter, at room temperature
125g cream cheese, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3. Lne a 12-hole muffin tin with cupcake cases.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the chocolate base. Beat together until the mixture is well combined.
- Use this mixture to half-fill the cupcake cases. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the cheesecake filling except for the chocolate chips. Beat until the mixture becomes light and airy.
- Pour the cream cheese filling on top of the chocolate bases. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of each cupcake.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cream cheese topping has cracked slightly.
- Set the cupcakes aside to cool.
- Make the cream cheese icing by beating all of the ingredients together for five minutes on a low speed.
- When the cupcakes have cooled, add the icing and decorate as desired.
Per Serving 412kcals, 18.3g fat (9.7g saturated), 59.4g carbs, 44g sugars, 5.6g protein, 1.7g fibre, 0.162g sodium
Recipe courtesy of Chloë Whelan