Makes 8 wraps
1 butternut squash, cubed
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and black pepper
1 x 400g tin of black beans, drained
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp smoked paprika
Zest of 1 lemon
30g parsley, chopped
250g cooked quinoa
For the dressing:
2 tsp tahini
3 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1⁄2 a lemon
For the salad:
1⁄2 red cabbage, finely shredded
1⁄2 white cabbage, finely shredded
2 carrots, grated
4 spring onions, sliced
1 avocado, cut into chunks
1 red chilli, finely sliced
8 wholemeal tortilla wraps
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Add the butternut squash to a roasting tray, drizzle with one tablespoon of the olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 30 minutes or until soft.
- In a large bowl, combine the roasted squash with the black beans and mash until smooth.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a pan over a medium-low heat and cook the onion and garlic for 10 minutes until very soft, stirring regularly. Add the paprika and cook for two minutes longer.
- Add the onion mixture to the mashed squash. Stir in the lemon zest, parsley and quinoa. Use damp hands to shape the mixture into 24 small patties.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over a high heat. Working in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the pan, cook the falafels for 3-4 minutes per side until golden and cooked through.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and whisk together. Season to taste, then add the salad ingredients and toss gently to coat in the dressing.
- To serve, place some of the salad and three falafel balls into each wrap and roll up.
Per serving: 524kcals, 22.8g fat (4.5g saturated), 67.1g carbs (6.4g sugars), 13.7g protein, 14.5g fibre, 0.267g sodium