Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Pat the beef dry and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a heavy frying pan over a medium-high heat and brown the meat on all sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat and add the remaining oil. Add the carrot, onion and celery and cook for 7-10 minutes until soft but not browned.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Pour in the wine and bubble until it has nearly evaporated.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including the beef and any juices it has released.
- Increase the heat and bring to a simmer. Cover with a lid, reduce the heat and cook for two hours until the sauce is thick and the beef is tender.
- Shred the beef with two forks.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions.
- Drain, reserving about 180ml of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the sauce with the reserved water, tossing to coat for 1-2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot with grated Parmesan and chopped parsley.
Note: Brisket can be used as an alternative to stewing beef, if you wish.
Per serving: 638kcals, 17.5g fat (5.1g saturated), 52.2g carbs, 6g sugars, 62.9g protein, 2.9g fibre, 0.682g sodium