- 230g wholemeal flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g honey
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana with the back of a fork. Whisk in the coconut oil, vanilla and honey.
- Alternate stirring in the flour mixture with the almond milk until incorporated.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups and bake for 17-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of one bun comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Per Serving 115 kcals, 1.8g fat (1g saturated), 23.2g carbs, 7.9g sugars, 2.6g protein, 2.5g fibre, 0.113g sodium