230g wholemeal flour
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp salt
2 large ripe Fyffes bananas
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tsp vanilla extract
200ml unsweetened almond milk
Icing sugar, to dust (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana with the back of a fork. Whisk in the coconut oil, vanilla and honey.
- Alternate stirring in the flour mixture with the almond milk until incorporated.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups and bake for 17-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of one bun comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Per Serving 115 kcals, 1.8g fat (1g saturated), 23.2g carbs, 7.9g sugars, 2.6g protein, 2.5g fibre, 0.113g sodium
This recipe proudly brought to you by