Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200C˚/180C˚ fan/gas mark 6.
- Cut each beetroot into four to six wedges and arrange in a large roasting tin.
- In a small jug, whisk together the 2tsp thyme, 2tbsp olive oil and 30g Siúcra Brown Sugar. Pour over the beetroot and season well.
- Toss together so all the beetroot is thoroughly coated in the dressing. Roast for 25 minutes until the beetroot is sticky and glazed.
- In a separate roasting tray, add the sweet potato. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil, sprinkle with the remaining Brown Sugar and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Grease a 20cm round tart tin and line the base with parchment paper.
- Unroll the pastry and lift into the prepared tin, pushing it into the sides. Trim away any excess.
- Line the pastry with parchment paper and fill with baking beans. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the sides of the pastry are a pale golden colour. Remove the paper and the beans and bake for five minutes longer. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a large jug, whisk together the eggs and cream. Season with salt and pepper and 2tsp thyme.
- Pour the mix into the pastry. Add the roasted beetroot and sweet potato. Crumble the feta on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the filling is fully cooked and golden on top.
- Let the tart cool in the tin for five minutes and serve warm with the mixed leaf salad.
DinnerSweet thingsEaster30-minute mealsSpecial OccasionsPastryFamily mealsBakingQuick and easyBudget mealsVegetarian
Popular in Easter
Dulce de leche hot cross buns