Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Place the potatoes in a small pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until almost completely tender.
- Remove from the water and drain. Allow to cool for five minutes, then thinly slice.
- Melt half of the butter in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 20-25 minutes until well browned, stirring occasionally to prevent them from sticking. Season well with salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onions and cook for two minutes, stirring to coat. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil, scraping any sticky bits from the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Remove from the heat.
- Butter a 20cm square baking dish and layer in the potato slices so that they overlap slightly. Lay the slices of roast beef in a single layer on top of the potatoes.
- Spread the onion mixture over the top. Drizzle over the red wine vinegar.
- Melt the remaining butter and stir in the breadcrumbs and parsley. Scatter the buttered breadcrumbs over the top of the onions in the baking dish. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until browned and bubbling.
Per Serving 611kcals, 21.2g fat (11g saturated), 57.8g carbs, 12g sugars, 46.7g protein, 9.1g fibre, 0.753g sodium
Popular in Beef
Steak salad, air fryer crispy potatoes and zingy coriander oil