2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
Salt and black pepper
250g beef mince
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp paprika
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 x 375g sheet of ready rolled shortcrust pastry
1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick parchment paper.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and cook the onion and pepper for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook for one minute.
- Add the mince and cook for 6-8 minutes until it is browned all over and no pink parts remain, breaking up any lumps using a wooden spoon.
- Add the cumin and paprika and stir for one minute. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes. Season well, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Roll the pastry out on a work surface. Using a 9cm round pastry cutter, cut out 12 discs of pastry.
- Put one tablespoon of filling on half of each pastry circle. Brush the edge with beaten egg, then fold the pastry over the filling and use a fork to seal the edges. Brush the top with egg and place on one of the prepared baking trays. Repeat with the remaining filling and pastry circles.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with sour cream.
Per serving 219kcals, 13.2g fat (0.9g saturated), 16.7g carbs (1.5g sugars), 8.9g protein, 1.1g fibre, 0.033g sodium