tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
120ml vegetable stock
Salt and black pepper
200g kale, stems removed and leaves cut into 3cm strips
1 x 400g tin of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
150g Parmesan, grated
1 baguette, ends trimmed
2 tbsp fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery and carrots. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the tomatoes, stock and some salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then add the kale and simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring, just until wilted.
- Stir in the beans and 120g of the Parmesan. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
- Cut the baguette in half crosswise, then slice both halves lengthwise into ½cm-thick slices. Brush one side of each slice with the remaining oil.
- Arrange the slices, oil-side up, over the vegetables, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle with thyme and the remaining Parmesan. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the bread is golden brown and the edges are bubbling.
Per serving: 455kcals, 20.9g fat (7.1g saturated), 45.4g carbs, 6.1g sugars, 23.2g protein, 9.2g fibre, 0.837g sodium