Makes 500 ml (approx.)
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
Try our recipe for the perfect pizza!
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add the tomato purée and cook, stirring, for one minute.
- Add the tinned tomatoes along with any of the optional extras you want to use. Turn the heat to high and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly. If using for pizza, you may wish to simmer it for an additional five minutes to thicken it further.
- Stir in the basil. Use the sauce on pizza, in lasagne, in pasta dishes or with chicken, fish or red meat.
Popular in Dips
Roasted carrot & beet hummus