Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy pan over a medium heat.
- Add the shallot and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Stir in the tomato passata.
- Bring to a boil, then stir in the tomato purée and sugar. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Reduce the temperature and simmer the sauce for 20 minutes.
- Add the celery and carrots and cook for 10 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the fresh herbs and season to taste. Serve immediately, or let come to room temperature before storing.
Per Serving 217 kcals, 8.3g fat (0.5g saturated), 30.4g carbs, 9.2g sugars, 5.9g protein, 4.9g fibre, 0.095g sodium
Gluten-freeItalianDairy-freeDinnerVeganFreezer-friendlyDiabetic-friendly30-minute mealsLow-fatOne-potFamily mealsCuisinesQuick and easyBudget mealsMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Gluten-free
Gluten-free chocolate and honeycomb mousse by EUROSPAR